Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Stepping out in style...

Mom showed you all my new orthopedic boots I got last week and I have been wearing them every day since when we go for walks.  I can not believe how good these make my feet feel and Mom says I have a bounce back in my step again and I am actually trotting again.

These past few days we have been going for walkies around our neighborhood ...... something we had stopped because because to rough road surface really hurt my foot.  But since Mom  freaked out about ticks after our last episode at the park she decided it just wasn't safe to go on the grass at the park anymore and we had to figure out some way to get my exercise.

So she started hunting for boots for me. We went to the local pet stores and didn't find anything that would really do the job but we did get to try some on so we had an idea about sizing. Then Dad got in on the hunt and found out about NeoPaws Orthopedic Dog Boots. They had to come all the way from Canada.

What surprised Mom is how quickly I got use to them - Sure I did the funny 'duck' walk when she first put them on - but we walked down to the mail box and back a few times and I was hooked. Mom says she is amazed by the difference they have made. I can walk on the road and not limp anymore....I actually have my gait back and even trot nicely along with them. And dog oh dog did I have fun when I saw another dog on MY street - I stamped by booted feets at him and they made a pawsome noise - it scared him!!!!

 Yes...I am steppin out in style now!!!!!!!!!


21 comments:

  1. ROFL - I can just picture you scaring that dog with your boots!

    I never knew about these boots, I will have to keep them in mind in case Holly or Abby develop any problems as they get older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww....I can see you stampin...away!!
    Those boots are made for walking and thats just what you are gonna do!!
    Have fun.

    wags
    Jazzi and Addi

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure are steppin out in style. Looking good and so glad they have helped put a spring back in your step. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you look so fashionable and pawsome!


    I am glad they are working good for you.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to hear these are working!! We have similar things for horses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Work it baby, and strut your stuff!

    Chewy has a pair of neopaws too, but his are the sneaker style. I keep them on hand for when he cuts his pads.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We think you have a definite swagger. You're lookin' good, Reilly!

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & roxy

    We don't know if our zoo is affiliated with the Adelaide Zoo, but generally most of the Zoos work together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hurry up, mom! Reilly is on the move! No stopping you now!

    Kisses,
    Dexter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa! You are moving right along there, Reilly!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that they are working so great for you! I was wondering where your sidekick was in the beginning of the video? But then like magic, here came Denny :). Ha - love your ending credits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice moves! I like the way you swagger! You are definitely ready for the speed walking the next time the Olympics come to town!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is just wonderful, Reilly. Mom says one day she may have to try to get Phantom to wear boots in the house because he is always sliding around so much.

    Happy walking.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooo, look out ladies!!! You gots a swing in your step!! I can just see you stampin' at other doggies! BOL
    Nice...
    Kisses,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your boots match your fur so well! You're so stylish, Reilly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I may have to look for a pair for Sam. How were their sizes?

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  16. YAY!! Love seeing you do the Sheltie trot!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those boots look grand on you!
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice gate'n in your stripey booties.
    Wags,
    Ranger

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, Rielly so glad they got you back on them feets so you can go for walkies, but hope they are water proof, cause we gots them storms coming your way for the next few days, saty safe buddy!

    The Mad Scots

    Pees; been to the mall, saw them Scottie cards, bet your booties, we gonna be order some, like 87 hundred for the Christmas card exchange! Well maybe not that many. Soon as we get over the Moore stuff , we be doing it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for woofing at us - we read each and every one of them