Friday, June 24, 2011

Getting lost is fun !

This morning Mom decided to take me for a walk while it was cooler, first stop was of coarse my garden. I had to check out what critters might have visited during the night and give it a good sniffing all over. Then off we went. Now Mom usually turns right at the end of the street but today we went left and then went right and were totally surprised to find this lake - just one street over from us. In fact Dad looked at a house that backed onto this (he didn't like the layout so never checked the back yard) It is very pretty but I must admit it did smell - Mom says it is a stagnant pond and they need to put some sort of fountain in it. We enjoyed looking at it anyway and we could hear bullfrogs ! Mom thought a "Darby" swan like Maggie and Mitch have would look very pretty swimming here.












One of the things Mom loves about our neighborhood is they have lots of big trees and areas of big trees that they have never cut down (and she hopes they never will). She was so busy admiring these and all the pretty houses that SHE got lost - I of coarse knew exactly where I was - but I wasn't going to tell her as I was enjoying my nice long walk. I must admit, it is one of the weird things about our neighborhood - you follow streets and you NEVER come out where you think you should be. It even confuses my Dad and he is one of those people that has a super keen sense of direction. The other thing we found was these pretty flowering shrugs, we have seen them all over town in white and pink and today we saw this pretty red one. Mom thinks they may be Crepe Myrtles but isn't really sure. I wonder if Mom would like to get lost again tomorrow?


Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. yep, those are crepe myrtles, Reilly, and I'm glad you had a good walk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you would have eventually led Mom home if she did not find her way. In the mean time I bet you both enjoyed exploring.

    -Katy & Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exploring your own neighborhood can be so much fun. I think you see something new everytime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems your neighbourhood is like a maze! Sometimes it's good to get lost in somewhere and you see a different world out there.

    So glad you've found your way home. what a wonderful walk you had and those flowers are really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a discovery!! Your neighborhood looks very beautiful. :) :)

    Woofs & hugs,

    ~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun exploring! Remember, adventure is out there!!

    AROOOOF!
    Boondocks, Kudzu, and gang

    ReplyDelete
  7. We agree with Sara - getting lost in our neighborhood (which is easy to do) always allows us to see stuff we miss when we just drive by! We agree about the swan!!

    -Gizmo, Bart and Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, those are crepe myrtles, we have purple ones, and they are just getting ready to bloom - very pretty. We are so glad that you two got "unlost", but wasn't it fun to be lost? Quite the adventure.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep those are crepe myrtl's all right! They come in white, pink and deep fushia. I love them, remind me of Alabama....HEY! Sometime if I ever get down there again maybe you guys could come visit us on the lake!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a nice walk with lots of great things to smell. Glad it was cool enough for you to enjoy some time outside.

    Puppy Kisses,
    Tanner

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are guessing you finally led Mom back home. Glad you both had fun exploring.

    Essex & Dog Dad

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your neighborhood looks like a fun one to get lost in, Reilly. It's so pretty!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  13. Must've been fun to get lost in your own neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a beautiful walk!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for woofing at us - we read each and every one of them